Instagram is constantly being updated and is trying to gain more fans by increasing attractive tools and capabilities in this article we learn how to send gifs on Instagram. This social media surprises its users every time with a new feature. It has already provided the possibility of sending gifs directly to Instagram for its users. Gifs are silent animated images that can be used instead of sending a text message to express emotions.
Learn how to send gifs directly to Instagram
How is it possible to send a gif directly on Instagram? These days, the interactions on Instagram have increased so much that clients utilize the direct part of the same application to send messages, instead of referring to other messaging programs. In its updates, Instagram has also added the possibility of sending gifs directly to its messenger section on Instagram so that its users can utilize this program more easily. To send a gif to your Instagram friends, just follow the steps below.
Steps to send a gif directly
- Log in to the Instagram application.
- Touch the Direct icon and enter the Direct Chats section.
- Select the contact you want and enter your chat page with them.
- As you can see in the image, there is a + icon on the right side of the screen. Tap on it.
- After touching the + icon, several options will be displayed for you. Select the GIF icon from the available options and tap on it.
- After selecting the GIF option, wait for the GIFs to open for you.
- Once the gifs are loaded, you can select anyone you like and send it to your contact.
Send gifs randomly on Instagram!
In addition to sending gifs on Instagram Direct, sending gifs randomly is another feature of Instagram Direct that is available for professional accounts (Business Account, Creator Account). In order to send this type of gif, by selecting the related option, you can send a random gif to your audience. So follow the steps:
Steps to send a gif randomly:
- Enter the gifs section.
- Search for “Random” in the GIPHY Keyboard.
- A blue icon will be displayed next to the gifs.
- Tap the blue icon.
- Gif sending was done successfully.
How to add a gif sticker to an Instagram story
Instagram has recently added the ability to support gif stickers in its story section. Users can add various gif stickers to their photos or video. To select any gif sticker, you can use the available options or search for it. All stickers are without background and will easily fit in your photo and video, and you can add as many stickers as you want.
Also, Instagram will soon add the ability to upload photos in different sizes and proportions to the program. This means that you can post to Instagram as you wish without cropping images. This new change of Instagram will be applied soon.
The reason for not opening the gif on Instagram Direct
Instagram gifs are downloaded from the Giphy site. Giphy is one of the most popular gif sending platforms that currently works with Instagram. The latest feature of Instagram allows users to express their thoughts and feelings to friends in addition to text messages. The reason for not showing gifs on Instagram Direct is that you need to change the IP to upload and download gifs. Share this with your friends. If you have any questions about how to send a gif on Instagram Direct and not to open a gif on Instagram Direct, ask in the comments section.
Upload your GIF as a video and send on Instagram
Technically, Instagram does not support GIF files, but you can convert your GIF to a video so you can easily share it on Instagram. Once you have downloaded your GIF on your phone, you will need a GIF to the video converter like GIF Cracker. Then simply follow these instructions:
- Open the GIF cracker on your iPhone and allow access to your photos.
- GIF Cracker automatically shows you all the GIFs stored in your photo library. Select the item you want to share.
- A page appears with video options, including playback speed, number of loops, and number of frames. Adjust these to suit your needs.
- When you are satisfied with the results, tap Start Conversion.
- Tap Save.
- You can now share your GIF as a video on Instagram.
- There are other GIF creators that let you create GIFs from photos or videos, so be sure to check them out.
Create a GIF and paste it into your story with a boomerang
Another option is to use the Instagram Boomerang feature to create a GIF-like animation to share your story. Here is how:
- Open the Stories feature on Instagram by tapping the camera icon on the top right.
- Tap the boomerang icon on the left side of the screen – it looks like a horizontal figure of eight.
- Position your camera to start shooting your boomerang. It works best with a little action, so try taking pictures of what is happening (water splashing, bee buzzing, or your dog jumping).
- Tap the boomerang shutter button to record your video.
- Your Boomerang GIF consists of 10 images that are glued together, sharpened, and pulled back and forth.
- Tap to share your stories.
Gifs are one of the most attractive, practical, and convenient tools to convey our meaning in sending messages to our friends. In this article, we have included how to send a gif on Instagram Direct, along with a video guide and an instructional video.