Whether you run an ad campaign on Google or on Instagram it is extremely worth it because they allow you to generate leads and drive sales in your business. Both platforms can help grow your business and reach your target audience effectively.
However, you may be confused and don’t know which platform may bring you more benefits or might be more cost-effective. In this article, we will explore both platforms in terms of their feature the options that they provide us, and advertising costs. You can check them and see which one may be more suitable for you.
Which platform is more suitable for running ads?
To answer this question first we need to take a look at each platform separately and see their features and how they work.
What are the advantages of Google ads?
Without a doubt, Google is the most popular search engine. You can use it to grow your business and if you have a unique product or service to offer to potential customers, you can boost your sales by Google ads.
Through Google ads, you can display your advertisements in search results to target your potential customers. On top of that, you can choose between the types of ad formats that Google offers. These are text ads, display ads, and video ads, so you can choose the format that best suits your marketing goal.
- Variety of ad formats. There are different types of ad formats onGoogle that you can choose from. These include search ads, display ads, shopping ads, video ads, and text ads, to name a few. These formats will increase the flexibility of your ads, and your ads will reach a broad spectrum of customers.
- Broad Match. As the name suggests, this feature helps your ads to reach broader potential customers.
- Google Analytics. Through this feature, you can get a better understanding of how people use your site, so you can take the necessary action to improve their experiences. This will also optimize your advertising campaign more effectively.
- Search Intent. Google ads are displayed based on users’ search queries. This allows businesses to target potential customers who are seeking relevant information or products.
Google ad may be more suitable for you for the following reasons:
- If you want to target potential customers in a specific location
- If you want your ads to be shown to larger groups of people
- If you want to use search intent or keyword intent to reach more potential customers and generate more sales
What are the advantages of Instagram ads?
Instagram is one of the best photo and video-sharing platforms out there which is owned by Facebook. If you have any visual ads or any visual advertisement ideas that you want to put to the test, then Instagram is suitable for you.
Instagram also provides various ad formats, including photo ads, video ads, carousel ads, and story ads. You can use those formats to maximize your ads’ impact on Instagram.
- Visual Appeal. With high-quality visual content, the platform is ideal for running ads if your business is related to fashion, beauty, travel, food, and things the like.
- Influencer Marketing. Since there are many influencers on Instagram, you can ask them to market your product or services for you. This can help you to promote your product and also will be cost-effective.
- Precision Targeting. This option will allow your ads to be shown to your most relevant targeted customer and will boost your return on investment.
- User Engagement. Instagram has more than a billion monthly active users. If you take the necessary action to offer the right service or product to the right people, Instagram ads can help grow your brand, generate more sales and so on
Choose Instagram ads over Google ads for one of the following reasons:
- When you want to directly target your audience
- When you want to target a younger age group
- Run ads on Instagram if you have a clothing brand or something similar
- Run ads on Instagram if you have beauty products
- Run ads on Instagram if your products or services are visually appealing
How much does it cost to advertise on Instagram?
There are three different options you can choose from to advertise on Instagram. Each option will cost you a different price. Also, the following costs are just averages so they can fluctuate in different situations.
- Cost Per Click (CPC): the cost of CPC on Instagram is between $0.20 to $2
- Cost Per Mille, also known as 1,000 impressions (CPM): on average the cost for 1,000 impressions is approximately $5.14 to $6.50
- Cost Per Action (CPA): the average cost for a CPA is $3 to $4
How much does it cost to advertise on Google?
Generally speaking, it may cost you a little more if you want to run ads on Google. However, at the end of the day, it all depends on you and on how much you’re eager to spend for running ads on either of the platforms.
- Cost per click: the average cost for CPC through Search ads is $2.69 to $3, and the same for Display ads is $0.63 to $1 per click
- Cost per action: average CPA is $20 US dollars
- Cost per impression: As of 2023 this bid strategy is no longer available
In conclusion, advertising on Google or Instagram depends on a variety of factors. These include your business, target audiences, your marketing strategy, and budget.
Briefly, through Google ads, you can target and connect with potential customers who search for information, services, or products via the Google search engine. Through Instagram ads, you can promote your brand and directly sell your products to potential customers. Since Instagram is an image and video-driven platform, it is more suitable if you want to advertise a visually appealing brand, products, and so on.
Finally, to prepare your ad campaign for success, consider using both platforms.