To receive the PayPal verification code, you must enter a phone number so that the verification code link will be sent to it and you can confirm your identity. If you add your phone number and request for sending a verification code but you don’t receive any text messages from PayPal, it is annoying. We are here to help you why you didn’t receive an SMS from PayPal and how to fix this problem.
Check your phone number or add a new one
If the verification code is not sent to you, make sure that the number you entered is correct. If the entered number was correct but still the code was not sent to you, you can add a new number to your PayPal so that the verification code will be sent to it. If you have added several numbers to your PayPal account, you can change the number to which the code is sent so that the problem of receiving the code may be solved for you.
How to add a new number to PayPal through its website
- Log in to PayPal and go to Settings.
- In the phone number section, there are two options that you can choose from. The Change option is located next to the phone number to which the code is sent, and by clicking on it, you can replace the previous number with another number. Or you can type it again if you found that it is incorrect. The second option is Add New, which allows you to add another number to your PayPal in addition to the existing numbers.
- Then enter your phone number in the desired field.
- Click on add phone number to add a new number.
- Determine how to send the verification code. You can choose to call you to confirm or text a code so that the code will be delivered to you.
- Type the code you received in the desired place and click on Validate.
How to add a new number or change your existing number through the PayPal app
- Tap the Settings button in the upper right corner.
- Tap Personal Info.
- Tap on the phone number.
- Tap on the Settings button at the top of the screen.
- Then select Personal Information.
- Tap on phone numbers.
Check your internet connection
If you are connected to a poor internet network, your request to send the code will not reach the PayPal servers and as a result, the code will not be sent to you.
Check network coverage
If your network signal is not good, the SMS will not be delivered to you. To check your phone’s signal level, go to the following path:
Settings > About phone > Status > SIM status > Signal Strength
If the signal strength is weak, you should change your location to a place with a stronger signal. Or restart your phone to fix the problem.
I have failed to receive code from PayPal much as I have changed numbers
Ve done everything still not getting verification
Am signing up for a Paypal account but they are not sending the confirmation code to my line… I have tried so many times
I need a verification code to login to my PayPal and I’m not receiving sms from PayPal
I enter my phone number so that the verification code link will be sent to it and you can confirm my identity but I don’t receive any text messages from PayPal, it is annoying.
My problem is at the very start, am trying to create a personal account but after I input my phone number it doesn’t go beyond that because I never get/receive the code so I can create my account. How can I open an account when I can’t even go beyond the first page?
I have done everything but still no code and it’s now a more than a year of trying.
It’s annoying and you guys should find a way to fix this problem because the number of pet not getting helped is a lot that means PayPal it’s self has a technical problem unattended to.
Are some countries restricted from access to PayPal? If so what are these countries.