Course Hero is an online learning platform where students can access training courses, lecturer documents, old tests, homework problems, and class notes. Creating an account in Course Hero is free, but this website is not free, and you have to pay to access the content you need.
Do not worry. There are ways that you can get the best content without paying for a subscription on this website. If you want to know how to unblur Course Hero, this article is for you.
Use some tricks to unblur course hero
The cost required for a monthly membership in Course Hero range from $10 to $40. This amount can be high for many people, especially with a low budget. After creating a free account in Course Hero, many contents will be inaccessible to you, but there are some tricks to unblur these restricted contents:
- Uploading the document
- Reviewing materials uploaded by other students
- Create quizzes
- Using inspect element in Google Chrome
- Use of referrals
Method 1: Uploading original documents
The main goal of the Course Hero website is to connect learners to useful and valuable information. If you add something to Course Hero’s information resources, you will help this website to achieve its goals. If you upload 10 learning documents to Course Hero, this website itself will unlock 5 locked content for you as a reward. You can use the following methods to enter this website using your computer and upload your original content. You can upload them through your Windows PC this way:
- Go to the Course Hero website using a browser and log in to your free account.
- Find the blurred document you want to access and click on it to open it.
- Click on the pink “view full document” button.
- Click on “Continue to access” then.
- Considering that you have not paid for the membership, the subscription options will appear on the screen. At the bottom of the page, click on the “Upload your study documents” link.
- Select the desired documents to upload from your computer.
If you are using a Mac computer, the steps will be slightly different:
- Follow steps 1 to 4 as Windows computers.
- After clicking on “Continue to access” and seeing the subscription plans, press the “Upload Now” button.
This process may take 24 hours to be analyzed by Course Hero, and you will not be able to access the files as soon as the documents are uploaded.
Note that if the documents are not original, they will not be accepted by the website.
After 24 hours, go to the upload page. If your documents have been accepted, they will appear as “Accepted” and otherwise as “Duplicate: Declined.”
Method 2: Reviewing materials uploaded by other students
If you are uncertain about sharing your content with others, you can use another method to clarify a blurred answer or document. If you read 5 content uploaded by others and rate them, you can get a prize. With this method, you can also access many restricted contents.
Method 3: Create quizzes for others
Another way to access hidden answers or materials is to create quizzes. However, before making a quiz, you must have opened the three blurred documents, which can be done using other methods, such as reviewing other people’s materials or sharing your documents. Before creating the quiz, you should know about the website’s regulations to follow them. The good part of this method is that the more people respond to your quiz, the more unlocks you get.
Method 4: Using inspect element in Google Chrome
If you are looking for an easy way to unblur the material in Course Hero, we suggest you use the Inspect element in Chrome. How does it work?
Step 1: access the inspect element
- Using the Google Chrome browser, go to the Course Hero website and open the document you want to unlock.
- Right-click on the relevant document, select the “Inspect” option, then click on the “Resources” tab.
- Open the “doc-asset” file in a new tab.
Step 2: Change the URL address
In this step, we should change the URL address of the new page opened in step one. Go to the end of the address and remove the “-html-bg” from it.
Step 3: Unblurring
- After tweaking the address and removing the mentioned part, press Enter to make half the answer or document visible.
- Go back to the URL address and find “split-0” there.
- Delete the “split-0” and type the “split-1” instead
- Press enter so that the second half of the content will be unblurred.
Method 5: Use of referrals
One of the other ways to unblur the answers, texts, and information in Course Hero is to encourage your friends to sign up on this website, and you can get $25 for each sign-up in the application. So, how does Course Hero know that the person creating the account is your friend? Each person in Course Hero has a referral link. You should send this link to your friends and ask them to sign up on the website using it.