The concept of Instagram has been predicated on the idea of getting in touch with your friends and family. As a result, it has implemented some mechanisms to facilitate this end. One of these mechanisms is the “suggested for you” section. It encourages the contacts to find each other on Instagram and share their experiences.
Some people, however, do not like their contacts to find out about their Instagram information. Therefore, how to remove phone numbers from Instagram If you are one of those people who prefer not to be suggested to their contacts, we have put together an article to address this issue.
After reading it, you will be able to remove your phone number and keep yourself hidden on Instagram from the people who have your phone number. Read on to find out how to remove your phone number from Instagram.
The Reasons to Remove Your Phone Number from Instagram Account 📒
The main reason people desire to remove their phone numbers from Instagram is that they have a public account and don’t want their contacts to easily find them on the platform.
It often happens that we have to fill in a form or an internet website with our phone number to complete the procedure. If you don’t want to be tracked on Instagram via your phone number that you have left vulnerable to stalkers, you too should consider removing your phone number from your Instagram account.
The best method to go about removing your phone number is unlinking it from Instagram. We are going to cover the process of unlinking your number from Instagram both on your Instagram app and on the Web Version for the ones who happen to not have access to the application.
It is worth mentioning that once you remove your phone number from your Instagram account, you yourself will not be able to find your contacts on Instagram anymore. Moreover, in the case of forgetting your password, you will not be able to use the authentication method that works through the phone number.
Remove Phone Number from Instagram Using Instagram App
- Log into your Instagram account on mobile
- Tap your profile picture on bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Edit Profile below your profile picture
- Look for the “Personal Information Settings”
- Add an email address. If you already have a valid email address, you can skip this step.
- Tap the phone number and delete it.
- Tap Next to save the changes.
Now, you have now successfully removed your phone number from your Instagram account.
How to Remove Phone Number from Instagram on PC
You might not have access to your Instagram application or simply prefer to use the web version. You need not worry as we got you covered too! Read on to find out how to remove your phone number from your Instagram account using the web version.
- Go to Instagram.com using a browser on PC
- Log into your account either through your username and password or through Facebook.
- Click on the profile icon on the top-right corner of your screen.
- In the dropdown menu, click on the “Profile”
- After the profile page opens up, click on “Edit Profile” on top of the page.
- Make sure that you have entered a valid email, for it will be your only means of authentication if your ever forget your password or attempt to change it.
Once you click on the “Submit” button, your phone number will be removed from your Instagram account.
There is an alternative method you could use to prevent your contacts from finding you on Instagram. This method, however, requires that you stop syncing contacts with Instagram. To do so, read the steps we have provided down below.
How to Disconnect Synced Contacts from Instagram Account 🔌
If you want to discontinue syncing your contacts with Instagram, you will have to go through these steps:
- Head over to the Instagram app and log into your account.
- Tap on the “Profile” icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines located on the top right.
- Scroll down to the “Discover People” option.
- There, you will receive a pop-up. Tap on “Not Now”.
- After that, look for the “Connect Contacts” option.
- Choose “Turn Off” for the “Connect” option.
An Alternative Method to Removing Your Phone Number from Instagram Account
As we have mentioned already, the prerequisite for this method is to stop syncing contacts with Instagram. The directions to do so are provided above.
We are going to take a look at how you can use this alternative method through the web version but you can go through a similar procedure using your Instagram application.
- Open up Instagram’s website by typing https://instagram.com in the search bar of your preferred browser.
- Click on “Settings” in the dropdown menu you see there.
- There, choose “Manage Contacts”, which is located in the sidebar.
- You will be directed to a page where you can see all the contacts to which your Instagram account has access.
- There, you can delete a certain number of contacts from the list or opt for “Delete All” if you want to prevent all your contacts from accessing your account on Instagram.
We leave a trace of our phone numbers as we submit them to websites or forms that we have to fill in occasionally. That, however, makes us susceptible to being found on Instagram by people with whom we don’t want to be in contact.
We presented to you the method of removing your phone number from your Instagram account both through the application and the web version. Also, we included an alternative to that method for the people who don’t want to lose the option of authentication through phone numbers.
Finally, if you are interested to learn new Instagram tricks and tips you can follow our blog. feel free to share your precious experience with using Instagram with us in the comment section❤️. In the following we mentioned some of Instamber blogs about using Instagram like a hero: