Have you recently tried to log into your Steam account, or maybe you have tried to sign up for the first time but Steam hasn’t sent a verification code to your email?
You’re not the only users who have come across this issue, there are many people like you out there. So don’t panic nobody has hacked your account or something, it is just a minor issue that you can fix without any difficulty.
Here in this article, I will provide you with some solutions that will hopefully help you fix the issue and get the verification code.
How to fix Steam “Not Sending Verification Code” to your email
Steam is among the best gaming apps out there, and gamers really love it. But, sometimes there might be some issues with Steam that can be annoying. One issue is when it doesn’t send a verification code to your email or it doesn’t send it properly and things like that.
If you are faced with this you can check the following solution and get rid of the problem.
- Double-check your email
Sometimes you will not receive an email in your inbox. So chances are that the verification code that Steam has sent you has gone to other folders. In such a scenario you need to double-check your spam or junk mail folder to see if the verification code has gone into these folders. Also make sure to check other folders such as Primary, promotion, and Social.
- Add Steam email to your whitelist
The verification code that Steam sends you may not reach you for unknown reasons. In this case, you need to add @steampowered.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to your whitelist. After that, you can simply request a new verification code.
- Wait for a few minutes
There might be something wrong with Steam’s email delivery system. So in this scenario, Steam will send you a verification code with a delay. All you need to do is wait a bit longer for like 20 minutes or so before taking further action. The delay is temporary and it will be resolved automatically.
- Check your email setting
Carefully check the setting and make sure that the Steam email address is not among filters and blocked addresses. Sometimes this happens by accident, sometimes your email providers have something to do with this you know. To make sure that the Steam email address is not affected by your email provider, you can check the setting. Just take a look at the options from the setting list, you may need to enable or disable some specific options.
- Other quick fixes
If the above solutions didn’t help you fix the issue, consider the following solutions as well.
- Temporarily disable any antivirus that you’re running on your device
- Make sure you have entered a valid email address. Also, make sure that you’re using the same email address by which you signed up on Steam.
- Use a high-speed internet connection
- There might be something wrong with Steam servers. So you need to wait for a few hours
- Request a verification code more than once
- Use a different web browser
- Clear the Steam Cache on your device
- Use Steam latest version
- Reach out to the Steam support team
How to fix Steam “Not Sending Verification Code” to your phone number
When it comes to Steam not sending verification code, users have usually problems with receiving the verification code in their email. However, sometimes users need to get a verification code via their phone to secure their account. So what can you do if Steam doesn’t send you such a code to your phone number?
First, you need to know that this doesn’t happen a lot, but if you have this issue for whatever reason, here I have provided some information that might be helpful.
- Your mobile service provider or simply wireless provider may not support any numbers from Steam
- It might be the other way around, I mean Steam may not support a number from your wireless provider or even a number from your country.
- Your phone might be running out of storage, or your inbox messages might be full. You need to delete some messages so that new messages will show up.
- Make sure the date and time on your phone is not wrong. If it is wrong chances are you might not receive messages. Also, make sure to synchronize them with the local time
If Steam doesn’t send you the verification code or you don’t receive it for whatever reason that can be so disturbing. But fortunately, there is always a solution to fix issues related to Steam or other gaming apps. In this article, I’ve provided some solutions that will probably help you, so make sure to read them and hopefully fix your issue.