You can see how many people have liked your video on TikTok in the Inbox section. But you need to adjust some changes to your notification to see who liked your TikTok video . Here’s how.
Can you see who liked your TikTok?
Yes, you can easily see who liked your TikTok, using notifications section.
To see who liked your videos on TikTok PC:
- Go to tiktok.com
- Login in to your account
- On the top right click on Message icon
- Click “Likes“
To see who liked your videos on TikTok app:
The ‘Inbox’ section on the TikTok app has several filters, such as Q&A, Comments, Mentions, and Likes. Using the likes filters allows you to see who hearted your video on TikTok at any time.
- Open the TikTok app
- Tap Inbox (next to the + icon).
- Tap the dropdown menu on top of the screen.
- Select ‘Likes.’
Now you can see all the notifications you received when someone liked your content.
If you want to check the likes on a specific video, just find and tap it on the same list. It’ll take you to a new tab where you can see username and profile pictures on people who left a heart on your video.
Someone Liked My TikTok, but I Can’t see
You receive a notification that says a specific user liked your video. But when you open the app, their name is gone—and you cannot find their profile. Why is that? They’ve probably disliked your video. While TikTok does not have a dislike button like YouTube, it still allows the users to retract their likes by tapping the heart icon again.
When a user likes your video, you receive a notification. But you’ll not get notified when they ‘unlike’ it. Their name will be removed from your Inbox section. And you won’t be able to find their profile.
How to see who liked your TikTok video?
- Go to the user’s profile.
- Tap the heart icon next to their feed.
- Here you can see all their liked TikTok videos.
I can’t see a user’s liked videos; why is that?
If there’s a prohibited icon (🚫) on the heart icon, you cannot see the user’s liked videos. It’s because they’ve set their likes to private.
Making your liked videos private
TikTok allows its users to decide who can see their favorite content. You have two options, ‘Only Me’ or ‘Everyone.’ The former makes your liked videos private, and no one can see what you heart on the TT app. The latter works like Twitter’s Likes & Mentions feature. Anyone can use it to see what videos you’ve liked on TikTok so far.
- Follow these steps to make your likes private:
- Open the app and go to the ‘Me’ section.
- Tap the menu on the top-right corner.
- Select Settings and go to ‘Privacy.’
- Scroll down to find ‘Liked Videos.’
- Set it to ‘Only Me.’
Note that this option will not hide your likes from the person who posted the video. So, the creators will still receive a notification when you heart their content, and they’ll see your username if they check their TikTok likes.
Who Viewed Your TikTok Video?
No, TikTok does NOT show who viewed your video anymore. The app used to have a feature that would tell the creators/users who watched their content. But the feature was removed back in early 2020 along with other similar options due to privacy concerns.
Currently, there’s no workaround to identify your viewer list. The only option you have is the ‘Analytics.’ It does not show who viewed your video, but it gives you an idea of how many people have done so. (bounce: Learn How to get more views on TikTok )
TikTok Analytics is available on Pro accounts. So, you need to switch to a Creator or Business profile to use it. Here’s how:
- Open the app and go to your profile.
- Tap the menu on the top-right corner.
- Select Settings and then Account Management.
- Tap the red text that says, “Switch to a Po Account.”
The Analytics feature will appear on your Settings and under your TikTok videos. It offers insight into how many users interact with your content. Plus, it gives you some information about your audience’s type, gender, age, country, etc.
Wrapping Things Up
- To see who liked your video on TikTok, go to the Inbox section, select the Likes filter from the dropdown menu, and tap the video you’d like to check.
- You can see a TikTok user’s liked videos by going to their profile and tapping the heart icon next to their feed.
- TikTokers can make their liked content private in the settings. If that’s the case, you won’t be able to see the videos they’ve liked. (And the heart icon will have a prohibited icon).
- TikTok used to show who viewed your videos. But the option has been removed since 2020. Now, you can only see how many people have watched your content.