You may be experiencing issues with your WiFi connection because it has an invalid IP address. In this article, we’ll show you how to fix it.
How to Fix WiFi Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration
Your home network needs to have a valid IP address in order for devices on your network to connect to the internet. This means that your router must be configured correctly.
Check Your Router’s Settings.
If you’re having trouble connecting to the internet through your router, check its settings first. Go into the router’s configuration menu and make sure that the following items are set up properly:
- IP Address – Make sure that the IP address assigned to your router matches what is listed on your modem/router.
- Subnet Mask – Subnet masks determine how much of the IP address is used by each device connected to the router.
- Default Gateway – The default gateway is the IP address of the computer that will route data packets between the router and the rest of the internet.
Reset Your Router.
Resetting your router should resolve any issues with your network. This process involves removing the power supply from the router and then plugging it back in again.
Once the router is powered off, press and hold down the reset button located at the top of the router until the LED lights start flashing rapidly. Then release the button and wait 30 seconds before turning the power back on.
Change Your Network Name.
If you’re having trouble connecting to your home network, check your network name first. It’s possible that your router isn’t broadcasting its name properly. Try changing your network name by following these steps:
- Open up a web browser and go to http://192.168.0.1 (or whatever your router’s IP address is). If you don’t know that, contact the provider.
- Click “Settings” and scroll down to “Wireless Settings.”
- Click “Advanced” and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Reboot Your Computer.
Sometimes rebooting your computer will clear up any connectivity issues. This is especially true when you’re using a wireless network.
Contact the provider
If you still could not fix the issue, it’s better you contact the provider’s support, to see what they recommend.
If you couldn’t fix it with the above mentioned methods, write us the issue in the comment section, we will get back to you soon.