We may have many friends on Facebook and are able to see who we are friends with. But unlike Instagram, where it’s easy to see the following and followers list, it’s a little bit tricky on Facebook to understand who I am following on Facebook.
In this article, we will talk about what Facebook following is, how to see who you are following, how to manage followers and public content settings, and how it is possible to hide who I am following on Facebook.
What is Facebook following?
Just like Instagram, on Facebook, you can follow a profile or a page and see their updates in your feed. When you become friends with someone, you automatically follow them. Also, when you send a friend request to someone who allows you to follow them, you are their follower automatically.
The best benefit of this mechanism is when you have many followers and post your content; many people can see that and be aware of your business. It actually helps you to grow your business by creating content about your business. You can have great sales If more people see your updates.
How to see who I am following on Facebook?
We talked about the concept of following on Facebook. Now, let’s answer the question of who I am following on Facebook.
It’s different to check that on desktops and mobile phones. So here are the ways for both desktop and mobile phones:
How to see Facebook followings on desktop
Using a desktop makes it easy to see who you follow on Facebook. Just follow the steps below:
- Open Facebook on your desktop and log in to your account.
- To access your profile page, click your name on the screen’s left side.
- Tap the “Following” tab beneath your profile picture and name, as demonstrated in the image below.
- That’s all there is to it! Next, you’ll find a list of the individuals you follow on Facebook.
How to see Facebook followings on Android or iPhone?
To see who you follow on Facebook on your mobile phone, follow these steps:
- Launch the Facebook app on your Android or iPhone device.
- Navigate to your profile and choose the three dots at the top of the screen.
- Here, you’ll discover a list of choices; tap on “Activity Log.”
- Afterward, select the “connection” tab and then “Following” to view the people you are following.
How to manage followers and public content settings
Facebook has some features, like being friends or following a person. You can manage who can follow you, who can comment on your posts, post notifications, or even who can like or comment on your profile information.
To access these settings, follow the easy steps below:
- Go to your Facebook profile.
- Tap the three dots.
- Tap the “Follow settings” and manage your followers and public content settings.
Is it possible to hide who I am following on Facebook?
The short answer is yes! You can manage who can see the people, pages, and lists you follow. There are 5 options: Public, Friends, Friends except, Specific friends, and Only me.
To change settings, just follow these steps:
- In your Facebook profile, tap the three dots.
- Go to “Follow settings”.
- You can see it at the bottom of the “Who can follow me” settings. Tap on that to open the settings.
- If you want to see all 5 options, tap “See more.”
Facebook’s following system is valuable for staying updated with friends, pages, and businesses. While it may not be as straightforward as Instagram to see who you’re following, this article has provided a clear guide on navigating and managing your Facebook followers.
You can easily discover who you are following on desktop and mobile devices by following the steps outlined. This knowledge can be particularly useful for enhancing their online presence and growing their businesses through increased visibility.