There is no doubt that Twitch is one of the most famous streaming platforms out there and millions of streamers, as well as viewers, use it every day. Interestingly enough, a platform as big as Twitch may cause some unwanted issues like the error 2000 which can be so frustrating for users.
If you have been trying to watch a Twitch stream recently or you are a streamer and you came across the error 2000 out of the blow, you don’t need to worry. Here in this article, I’ve provided all the possible fixes that will help you get rid of the error 2000 once and for all, so keep reading.
What causes Twitch Error 2000?
We cannot say what causes the Twitch error 2000 for sure, however, this may be caused by a network error, connection problem, or ad-blocker extensions. You may have some VPNs running on your device while trying to use Twitch and that causes the issue, or there might be something wrong with your browser.
Also, it doesn’t matter whether you are a streamer or a viewer, the error 2000 might pop up on your screen at any time that you are streaming something or you are watching a Twitch stream.
Now let’s see how we can fix this error 200 problems.
- Clear your internet browsing history
If there is too much browsing history, then chances are high that you may run into “Twitch error 2000”. Clearing browsing history might fix the error and it also speeds things up. Follow the steps below to do it.
- Open your Chrome browser and click on the three-dot menu icon at the top right corner
- Click on Settings > Privacy and security.
- You can also do all those steps by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Delete.
- Then click on Clear browsing data > Clear data.
- Now head to Twitch and see if the error 2000 is fixed.
- Turn off your antivirus or windows defender temporarily
If you are running any antivirus apps on your device, this could cause the Twitch error 2000 because in some cases antivirus detects some websites or apps as a threat and block them or prevent you from opening them. So you need to disable any antivirus on your device while trying to use Twitch or you can add Twitch as an exception to your antivirus app.
You may not have any antivirus on your device, however, as you may already know there is a built-in antivirus known as windows defender and that can cause the error 2000 as well. So you need to add Twitch as an exception to windows defender and if that doesn’t work, disable it temporarily, here is how to do so.
- Click on the Start button at the bottom left corner
- Type Windows Security and click on it
- Choose Virus& threat protection > Manage settings
- Scroll all the way down and click on Add or remove exclusions> Add an exclusion > File
- Locate the Twitch app and select it, then it’ll be added to an exception list
If you still have the problem, repeat the same process, but this time, disable windows defender.
- Type Windows Security > Virus& threat protection > Manage settings > Click on Real-time protection and toggle it off, then go Twitch website or app and see if the problem is fixed.
- Turn off or on your VPN
Sometimes Twitch error 2000 can be caused by a VPN that you are running on your device or on your browser. So if you think that you need to use a VPN for whatever reason, just make sure that it is not causing any issues. If the VPN that you are currently using is causing any problems you should use another one or simply turn it off temporarily and see if the problem is fixed.
Also, keep in mind that if you live in a place where Twitch does not work properly you may be faced with the error 2000, and in this scenario, you need to use a VPN.
- Disable Ad-blockers
If you have any ad-blockers and privacy extensions running on your browser that can cause the “error code 2000 on Twitch”. Think of it like this: Twitch makes money through different stuff and one of them is advertising, so if you run an ad-blocker on your browser to block ads, Twitch will stop you from using their services properly and as a result, the error 2000 might occur.
Simply disable any ad-blockers that you may have on your browser and there is a high chance that the error code 2000 will not pop up on your screen anymore.
- Various quick fixes for “Twitch error 2000 code”
These are also some other ways that you should consider trying and hopefully getting rid of the “2000 error on Twitch”.
- Update your browse. This is a good idea and you should give it a try
- Reinstalling and installing your browser can be a good solution to the problem
- Use a different browser. There are various internet browsers among which are Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Edge. So install more than one browser on your device and switch between them if needed.
- Use the Twitch desktop app.
- Press F5 to refresh the page. Press it a few times.
- Make sure you have a strong internet connection
- Restart your device and go to Twitch a few minutes later