In this article, I’m going to talk about all the things you need to know about a real estate attorney. Mostly I’m going to talk about their job description, their salary, their requirements, and their responsibilities. I will also show you a list of the best real estate companies.
So if this information is what you want to know, then you are in the right place.
- Job description
A real estate attorney is a person whose expertise lies in real estate. They write real estate contracts, residential contracts, commercial contracts, leases, and many more. They also help property owners to solve their issues, let’s say with their neighbors or other people regarding their land.
They give counsel to their clients about all sorts of real estate legal problems that they might have. They also review legal documents to help their clients to understand a contract relating to real estate with all its specific terms and many more.
- Real estate attorney salary
Different sources say different numbers, however, according to Glassdoor, the average income of a real estate attorney is $89,665 a year. They also receive an additional salary which is $16,639. The additional salary can be gained through profit sharing, bonuses, commissions, and stuff like that.
So with the additional salary that they gain, their total income is $106,304 a year.
- Responsibilities of a real estate attorney
- Writing real estate purchase agreement.
- Counseling a client about legal risk in a real estate document.
- Managing legal risk and taking proper action on behalf of their clients.
- Representing buyers.
- Putting specific contingencies in a contract so that if anything goes wrong their clients can get their deposit back.
- Reviewing to make sure that the title their clients receive is a clear title. This means that no one has a right to confiscate that piece of property in place of a payment for a debt.
- Real estate attorney requirements
- Real estate attorneys need to have strong analytical skills to be able to evaluate important information so that they can help their clients as best as possible
- They need to be a skilled communicator so that they can make things clear by explaining the legal concept to their clients.
- They need to be good at researching.
- As they spend quite a lot of time with different clients they should be able to negotiate well and solve disputes that may arise between the two parties.
- A bachelor’s degree is the minimum requirement that they must have.
- How to become a real estate attorney?
If you’re wondering how to become one, I’ll tell you. You need to have at least an undergraduate degree. You don’t necessarily need to get a law degree. So college degrees that are not related to law subjects will help you to become such an attorney. However, having a law degree will make things a lot easier for you. Because you still have to pass the law admission test and complete a 3-year program so that you can sit for the bar in the state you want to work.
- Best real estate companies
Here you can see a list of the top 10 real estate companies
- Century 21
- Keller Williams
- Coldwell Banker
- Sotheby’s International Realty
- ERA Real Estate
- Camden Property Trust
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
- Corcoran Group
- Do you need a real estate attorney?
Well, there may be some risk if you are buying or selling real estate. Because the law is complicated and if you are not familiar with all the terms and regulations of stuff related to real estate, then perhaps you need a real estate attorney.
He or she will help you to know what options you have and also help you to make the right decisions. However, if you want to hire such an attorney, it is better to do some research before you choose one.
So whether you want to become a real estate attorney or you just want to get a little information about some of the stuff related to this career, hopefully, this article has provided you with that. If you have any questions in regard to this topic feel free to drop a comment.