Are you fed up with Instagram not letting you log in on your iPhone? Have you tried different ways but you still cannot log in to your account? There is nothing to worry about at all, there are some reasons why this happens, and also there are some fixes.
In this article, I’m going to shed some light on the reason why “Instagram won’t let you log in on your iPhone” happen. Then together we’re going to try some fixes and log back into our Instagram account on iPhone.
Why Instagram won’t let you log in on your iPhone?
Although Instagram is our favorite social app, sometimes it drives us nuts because of some strange error that we’re faced with while using the app. One of the strangest errors I’m talking about is the error “Sorry there was a problem with your request”.
There are some other errors as well that may show up on your screen while trying to log in to your Instagram account on your iPhone. But their cause is basically the same and it could be for one of the following reasons.
- You’re using an outdated version of Instagram
- You may have violated some of Instagram’s terms
- You’re not using a valid username or password
- There is a bug on Instagram
- You’re using a VPN or maybe you constantly changing your VPN. This sometimes affects Instagram behavior
- Your internet connection is unstable
- You might have done something wrong and someone may have reported you.
- Instagram servers are currently down
- Some of your iOS features may not be working properly, so an update might fix the issue
- Instagram doesn’t let you log in for unknown reasons for example your IP address may be causing this issue and so on.
How to fix Instagram logging problems on iPhone?
Now that together we’ve inquired into some of the possible reasons, let’s shift our attention toward some of the solutions to fix this issue. Here I’ve provided some of the tested solutions that you can try and log into your Instagram account on your iPhone.
- Use the Instagram web version
When you face such a disturbing issue on Instagram, you can simply use the Instagram web version instead of the app. This will help you to log into your account because most of the time that such a problem occurs it actually occurs on the app.
Whenever something unexpected like this happened to my Instagram account, app, or whatever I use the web version and it helps me log into my account.
- All you need to do is go to the Instagram website
- Then enter your username and password and then tap Log in
- You can do this on any browser whether it be on your iPhone or PC
- Clear Instagram cache
After some time that you have run Instagram on your iPhone, some cache files can get corrupted. As time passes the corrupted files pile up in the app making Instagram function improperly on your iPhone or any other iOS devices that you’re using. So a rule of thumb is to clear the cache, this will help you log into your account on your iPhone.
- Go to setting
- Find the General section and tap it
- Then go to iPhone Storage, find the Instagram app, and tap it
- All you need to do now is tap Offload App
Doing this will clear unnecessary cache and data, and also if there are any corrupted files, this will fix them, and consequently Instagram will let you log in on your iPhone.
- Reinstall Instagram
This is one of the best solutions that did help me fix this issue I must say. So you can do this simple trick and hopefully log in on your iPhone.
- Locate Instagram on your screen and press on it
- Tap Remove App, a list will occur, from the list tap on the Delete App option
- Go to App Store and Install it
Doing this simple trick will refresh the app and if there are any bugs, missing files, or whatever, it’ll fix them all.
- Log into Instagram from Facebook on your iPhone
Since both apps are owned by the same company you can log into one app by using the other one. If you have already linked these two apps, you can easily log in to Instagram on your iPhone.
- Open the Facebook app and go to the menu at the bottom right and then open the gear icon at the top
- Scroll down to the bottom and open Accounts Center
- Now open Profiles, from there you can choose your Instagram account and log into it
- Other solutions to fix Instagram login issues on your iPhone
If the above fixes didn’t help you, try these quick fixes instead.
- Switch between two internet connections.
- Use a popular and strong VPN. This usually works for countries other than the US, Britain, Canada, etc.
- Restart your iPhone device
- Try to log in with other available devices
- Check Downdetecter website to make sure that there aren’t any problems with Instagram servers
- If you have previously logged in to your account through another device, use that device instead
- Reach out to the Instagram support team
Most of the time that Instagram doesn’t let you log in on your iPhone is not your fault, it is Instagram’s fault. Sometimes there is something wrong with the Instagram server, or maybe there is a bug on it and things like that. But, other times there might be something wrong with your device, internet connection, etc.
Whatever the case may be, we’ve looked at some solutions that can help us fix the problem in this article. So please make sure to read each section carefully because at least one of the solutions will help you log into Instagram on your iPhone.