If you are trying to find some ways to stop sharing your location on your iPhone without your family members, your friends, or your contacts knowing, you are in the right place.
There are different ways you can try and stop sharing your locations. However, in this blog, I’m just going to share with you 4 methods that I’ve tested myself. You can try either of these four methods and stop sharing your location.
Just make sure to read the entire blog and without further ado let’s get right to it.
Turn Airplane Mode on
This is the simplest way you can try and stops sharing your location. To do this follow the steps below and turn on Airplane Mode on your iPhone.
- Swipe down from the top of your screen.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll see an airplane icon. Press it.
- The airplane icon will then turn into an orange color.
- You can also do this through the following method.
- Go to the settings.
- At the top of your screen, you’ll see Airplane Mode, go ahead and press it.
Turning on Airplane Mode, however, will prevent any notification and you won’t be able to use mobile data connection or make or receive any calls.
Turn off “Share My Location”
This is another simple method you can try to stop sharing your location. Follow the steps below and get it done.
- Go to the Settings.
- At the top of the screen tap on your Profile.
- No tap on Find My.
- Then simply go ahead and tap Share My Location. Now your location is off
If you couldn’t find your profile for whatever reason, you can still turn off “Share My Location”. To do this in another way, follow these steps.
- Go to the Settings.
- Scroll down to where it says Privacy. Go ahead and tap it.
- At the top of your screen tap Location Services.
- Now tap on Share My Location.
- Then go ahead and toggle off Share My Location. Your location now will be disabled.
Use “Find My App”
You can use “Find My App” to stop sharing your location with your contacts. This app is already installed on your iPhone.
- Get your phone and look for “Find My App”.
- At the bottom right-hand corner of your screen tap on Me icon.
- Now simply toggle off Share My Location.
Fake your location!
You can change or fake your location so that no one will ever know your real location. This method may take a while, but it works. I’ll explain how you can do this step by step.
- Download the iAnyGo app and install it on your computer.
- After you’ve installed the app go ahead and run it.
- Now connect the iPhone to your computer with its cable.
- In the app find Change Location and click on it.
- Then click Enter.
- At the top right-hand corner of the app, you will see a search bar. You can search for whatever place you want.
So in the search bar write the name of whatever place or even country that you want.
- After you’ve done that go ahead and click on Start to Modify.
- A window will pop up, now click on Continue.
- The fake location that you chose will be shown on your iPhone.
In order to undo this, go through the same process, and at the bottom right-hand corner of the app click on Leaflet and you will get back to your real location.
There are different methods you can stop sharing your location. However, these four methods are the simplest ones and will do the job for you.
Thanks for reading this blog. I hope you have found it helpful, and if you have any questions, feel free and leave them in the comment section below.