Like any other social platform, TikTok lets its users block others so in this article we describe in detail how to know if someone blocked you on TikTok. A user might decide to block a person because of sharing or sending inappropriate content, spamming, etc. it might also have an entirely different reason.
When someone blocks you on TikTok, we do not get any notification. However, there are some signs that might indicate this has actually happened. In the following article, we provide you with some methods and tricks that can help you realize whether you have really been blocked or not.
Will you get notifications when somebody blocked you on Tiktok?
Unfortunately, no because blocking a specific user is somehow a personal decision, Tiktok is trying to keep the ID of the blocking user anonymous. This is because of banning any abuse or further disturbance by the blocked user in the future.
3 ways to know whether you are blocked on TikTok
Follow these steps to know if someone blocked you on TikTok or not:
Way #1 Checking their username
- Open the application: the first step to know if someone blocks you on TikTok or not is, of course, to launch the application. From the application drawer, you have to find TikTok. It features a music note. If you have difficulty finding the application manually, you can use your mobile phone’s search icon. When you tap on the icon once, it will take you straight to your TikTok feed section (if you are already logged in).
- Go to the search bar on TikTok: when you open this application, it automatically takes you to the feed section when you open this application. You must tap the magnifying glass icon on the bottom of the page to go to the explore section. Here you can search for the user you are looking for.
- Search the username: tap the search bar. The keypad launches automatically. Type the exact username/ID of the person. If you do not remember it exactly, the results will not be accurate. When the username appears, you have not been blocked. If does not appear and the screen in front of you is blank, chances are you have been blocked. The other reason might be that they have simply deleted their account.
Way #2 Mention them or find their comment
Another way to find out is to find a comment or tag that you have left on their post previously. After you scroll down and find one, try to view the content. In case you cannot see it, it is a red flag that indicates you might have been blocked. it is valuable to check their account anonymously if you doubt he/she blocked you (Learn more: use TikTok without account)
Way #3 Follow them
If you try to follow someone, but you get the error “you can not follow this user,” this is an indicator that someone blocked you on TikTok.
How to block someone on TikTok?
The blocking process on this Asianlatform is too easy. You just need to follow these steps;
- First step: Open your TikTok app and click on discover, followed by the username of the person whom you wish to block.
- Second step: Open the profile and click on the horizontal three-dots icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Third step: From the list, click on the “Block” option, and now you both can’t view each other’s video on the platform.
How to unblock someone on TikTok?
Similar to blocking, unblocking a person also has nothing to do. The only thing to mention is that you must have enough evidence to unblock an ID that you have blocked in the past. Follow these steps;
- First step: Open the TikTok app, go to “Discover,” and enter the username you want to unblock. You can also open the app and click on the “Me” , application section on the three dots icon at the top of the screen.
- Second step: Now go to the “Privacy and Safety” option and click on “Blocked accounts.” Finally, tap on the “Unblock” button.
TikTok is a popular platform that allows users to post short and fun videos. When somebody blocks us on TikTok, we do not get an official message or notification informing us. There are, however, some indicators that help you acknowledge this.