In this article, you’ll learn how to change names on theFacebook page, group, event, etc., both on the app and PC. For this tutorial, you need to install the latest version of the Facebook app. However, if you follow the section which is specifically written for Facebook on PC you don’t need that.
How to change a Facebook page’s name
There are different reasons why you need to change the name of your Facebook page. Let’s say you might have been uploadingvideos about some kind of art. But now you have started a different business and want to upload content related to your business. In this case, you need to change your page’s name so that it represents your business.
Also, you may want to change your page name to match it with your other social media name and so on. Whatever the reason might be, follow the steps below to change your Facebook page name.
• Go to your Facebook account from a PC or desktop
• Click the Facebook icon in the upper left corner and choose Pages
• Scroll down to Setting the tap it
• Search for Page Info option and tap it
• A menu will pop up, go ahead and type a name in the name box
• Press enter and click on Request change
In order to change your page name on the Facebook app do the following steps:
• Open the Facebook app and go to the three-dot menu in the upper right corner. On iPhone devices, this option might be in the lower right corner, so keep that in mind.
• Right below your user name at the top, there will be your page, so tap it. You can also choose the pages option
• Then choose the setting icon at the top that is similar to a gear and tap Page settings
• At the top, you’ll see your page name so tap it
• In the name box, type a name and tap Review Change
• You can only change a page name once a week
How to change a Facebook group’s name
If you are the admin of a group, or the creator of a group has chosen you as an admin, you’ll have the ability to change a group’s name on Facebook.
There are different situations when you may want to change a group’s name on Facebook. The name of your group might be too long, you want to change its URL or you maybe want to change the topic of the group, etc.
Changing the name of a Facebook group is so easy and here is how to do it:
• Open Facebook on a browser from your PC and log in to your account.
• Click on the Facebook icon in the upper left corner of the screen and select Groups
• Look for the group you want to change its name and click it
• There is a menu on the left side go ahead and click Group Settings
• Then a new window will pop up click on Name and description
• Change your group name and then click Save
• Keep in mind that you can only change your Facebook group name once a month
To change a group’s name on the Facebook app follow these steps:
• Open your Facebook app on your device and go to the three-dot menu icon
• Look for Groups and tap it
• You may have more than one group, so find the one you want to change its name
• In the upper right corner, there is an icon similar to a shield, tap it
• Scroll all the way down and tap Group settings and then choose name and description
• In the group name box, type a new name you want, and finally tap Save
How to change your name on Facebook
In some cases, you may need to change your name on Facebook. For example like when you get married or change your real lifename or something like that. So your previous name may not be suitable anymore and you need to change it.
Moreover, there might be a typo or you want to add a nickname or simply change and refresh your previous name on Facebook. In order to do that, follow these steps:
• Go to the Facebook website and log in to your account
• In the upper right corner, there is a an arrow icon pointing down, so tap it
• Tap Setting & Privacy > then tap Settings again
• Select General and in the name box tap Edit
• Then you can change your first, middle, and last name. so select the one you want to change and after you’ve changed your name click Request Change > Enter your password> click Save Change
• You can only change your name bimonthly
To do the same process on the app do the following steps:
• Tap the three-dot icon and go to Settings & Privacy> TapSettings
• Choose Personal and account information option
• Tap Name which is the first option> change your name and tap Review Change
• Enter your password and tap Save Changes
How to change a Facebook event’s name
Facebook event is an interesting feature that allows its users to create an event whether public or private. You can use this feature to invite friends to a specific event both in person or online.
You can change the name of your event like page name, group name, etc. So in case, you need to change your event name forwhatever reason, go through the following steps:
• Log in to your Facebook account and click the Facebook icon
• Select Events > Edit
• Then in the event name box, type a new name and save it
The process is almost the same on the app
• Tap the three-dot icon
• Go to Events> Edit and type a new name