If the Google app does not work properly on your device, you’ve come to the right place.
Whether you have an Android device or iPhone we have some solutions that will help you get rid of the problem.
1. Update your Google app
First and foremost you need to update the app if it is an old version. Updating the app will simply fix many issues and here is how to do it:
- Update the Google app from App Store (iOS devices) or Google Play (Android devices).
- In the search bar type Google.
- If there is an update available press Update and wait for the update to be finished.
- Now open the app and see if the problem is solved, if not go to the next solution.
2. Force the Google app to stop
Sometimes Google app starts acting weird and forcing it to stop and running it again will simply fix the issue. This will give the app a fresh start and will also fix any probable glitches that exist in the app.
- Open up Settings> tap Apps.
- Tap Manage apps> look for Google and tap it.
- Finally, tap Force stop.
On iPhone, you need to use another approach that is completely different from Android. You need to close the app which is running in the background of your device and then run it again.
- Swipe up from the bottom.
- You will see different apps including Google that you have recently opened.
- Simply go ahead and swipe up the Google app.
- By doing this the app will be closed and now you can run it again.
- Now return to the app and check if you got rid of the problem.
3. Clear the Google app’s cache files
There might be hidden or corrupted cache files that are making this annoying issue. To fix this, all you need to do is clear the cache, and here is how to do it:
- Head over to Settings and find Apps.
- Select Manage apps.
- Either look for Google among the apps or simply type Google in the search bar and tap it.
- Tap Clear data> Clear cache> finally tap Ok.
- Return to the app and see if the problem is solved, if not go to the next solution.
- Head on to Settings> General> iPhone Storage.
- Find Google and tap it.
- Tap Offload App and confirm.
- Finally, tap Reinstall App and go back to Google app and check if it is working.
4. Update your device
If you still have any issues running the Google app on your Android or iPhone, consider updating your device. Because your device might be operated by an old version of Android or iOS and updating it will fix this issue and perhaps many others that you are not even aware of.
- Again go to Settings> tap About phone.
- Tap Update to see whether an update is available or not.
- So if there is an available update, update your device, and this will probably fix your problem.
- Go to Settings > General> Software Update.
- Tap Install (usually for older devices) and Download and Install (for newer devices).
- Enter your Passcode.
- If there is an update available, it will start automatically.
- Now you can check the app to see if the problem is solved.
5. Log out of your Google account and log back in
This solution may or may not work, however, it is worth the shot. Also, there are many reports that this is a good solution to “Google app not working” problem, and you can try it and see if it helps you get rid of the issue.
- Open Settings and scroll all the way down to where it says Accounts & sync and tap it.
- Tap Google > Select your Google account> tap More > Remove account
- Finally, launch the Google app and log back in.
- Go to Setting, scroll down and tap Mail.
- Tap Accounts > Gmail> Delete Accounts> Delete from My iPhone.
- Go ahead and tap Add Account> Sign in
We hope that at least one of these solutions helps you get rid of the issue and you will be able to use the Google app without any problem.