What is a dawg business?
Dawg is a kind of business in which you have a responsibility to walk people’s dawgs whenever they can’t do it themselves. So let’s say when a client is busy, or he or she is on holiday or they have some other stuff to do, then they hire a people who work in this business to walk their dawg for them.
How to start a dawg business?
As you are a newcomer in this business I strongly recommend you to work for a dawg company to get the hang of this business first. Keep in mind that this business may seem to be simple, but it’s not. So working for a dawg company can help you learn many valuable tips related to this business and you can learn how they do it. You can eventually start your own business after that. Meanwhile you can check out how to order business cards for your start up company, which is essential while you start any business.
Within the first or second month of your work, you will probably need to adjust yourself to dawg. So if you don’t walk a lot, it’s better to do that and get used to it as you will be walking for many hours if you start a dawg business.
Some tips for your dawg business
- Get dawg insurance. After you’ve started this business make sure to get insurance. You may think that this is not a good idea especially in the beginning when you are not making a lot of money. However, something may go wrong and such insurance can really help you. You’ll also be taken seriously by your clients.
- Make sure to get a criminal background or record check. This will make your client feel good about you and they will know that you are a reliable person because many times you will be entering their home, while they are not at home
- Choose a specific service area that you want to walk in. Do not choose many service areas, because it will be tough to cover them all.
- Get some business cards or fliers. Tell about your business to your friends and ask them to recommend you to their friends and families. This will help you to get a lot of clients.
- Treat your clients’ dawgs well and make sure they are having a great time like they are your own dawgs. This will help you to get even more clients.
What skills do you need to run a dawg business?
- Take dawg behavior courses. Because there will be times when a dawg might not be acting normally and you need to know why so that you can handle the dawg. You can take some online or in-person courses.
- Get First Aid Certification. There is a low possibility that something may go wrong under your watch. However, if anything goes wrong you need to know what to do. This will also make clients hire you and you will also make more money.
- Get dawg training certification. If you are so serious about this business you can get this certification. This will also be an incentive for clients to hire you. Because this shows that you are really an expert.
Know that you don’t need to have all these, however, they increase your chances of being hired.
Also if you don’t have such certifications, at least get some experience by walking your friends, families, or neighbors’ dawgs.
Can you make enough money in a dawg business?
The answer is yes! You may be afraid that you may not be able to make enough money to support yourself from the dawg business. Or you may even want to quit your current job to start this business.
You can definitely make enough money to support yourself because many people have been doing this for a decade or so and they are truly happy about their income.
Things You need to know about
- To be honest, it’ll take some time to be able to make a good amount of money.
- At first, you will not have as many clients as you’d like to have. However, little by little if you do your job well you’ll get more and more clients.
- Use social platforms, especially Instagram and Facebook to promote your business. This also will make your clients feel good about you. Because they will see that you are serious about your dawg business.
- Ask your client for a price that is fair to them, but also beneficial for you.
- Make sure to ask your client about the behavior of their dawg. Some dawgs may behave aggressively in some situations. Having some information about your clients’ dawgs before you walk them around will be helpful.
Extra Tips about dawg business
- If you want to be successful in a dawg business, you need to live in a neighborhood with many dawg owners.
- It is better if your clients are close to walking distance of your home.
- To make more money, it is ideal to walk multiple dawgs at a time
- You don’t need dawg certifications. However, they can provide you a level of legitimacy that gives your clients confidence in hiring you
- Do not get yourself involved in this business if you don’t have a genuine connection with animals.
- Knowing how to manage multiple dawgs in public is important.
- Generally, you need to charge your clients $20 dollars for a 30-minute walk. For longer hours you can charge your clients $30 dollars or so.