The Instagram live feature is a live video broadcast in the Instagram app and is accessible through the Instagram Stories section. Using the Live story feature, you can make more engagement with your followers at the same time and respond responsibly to their comments. Instagram Live Story is one of the easiest and most enjoyable video recording and streaming tools available today.
This feature is very popular among users and especially celebrities. For example, a well-known character can pre-define time, talk with his fans alive and answer their questions. Also, Live Story has an extraordinary capacity for advertising and marketing on Instagram. This article is supposed to bring you everything you need to know about Instagram live.
What are the applications of Instagram live?
How to use this feature depends on the type of activity you do on Instagram. For example, if you own a business, when you introduce a new product, you can share live videos to attract customers to your audience. Or you can get live from the background of the activity you are doing. This creates a warm and intimate relationship with the audience. It’s important to know how to use Instagram live for everyone using Instagram.
How to start a live video on Instagram?
- Touch the camera icon on the top left of the Instagram homepage or drag the page from right to left to display Instagram stories. Another way to access this section is to touch the plus icon on your profile photo.
- Click on the live option which is on the bottom of the page and then touch start live video. (If you cannot find this feature, means Instagram live has not been activated yet for you and you should wait). You can find the live audiences at the top and the comments on the bottom of the screen. For sending the comments or make them more visible for audiences, touch the comments and hold. Then you can pin them for more visibility.
By touching the live icon, you can see who is viewing your live.
If you want to forbid sending comments by your audiences, click on the gear icon on top of the screen and then select “Turn off commenting” option. Keep in mind that every change in setting section for comments, will be applied to the live story too.
- When your live story is over, click on the “End” option on top of the screen and go to the next steps. Confirm your live story. You can save your live story in your camera roll.
How to view other users’ live stories?
- When one of the users you follow on Instagram starts a live story, you’ll see their profile photo appear while the colored circle with the word “Live” appears at the top of the Instagram feed. Live videos are always ahead of stories (from the left side are the first circles). To start watching live video, just touch the colored circle.
- While you are watching Instagram live, you can select the comment option and send your insights. On the hand, by touching the “heart icon” on the live video you can like the live. Note that the person who shares the live and all the people watching live on Instagram can see your comments and your likes as well as logging in to the live video page. If the comment seems to be inappropriate, you can tap on the live video page and select the “Report comment” option.
- If the user who sends the live story on Instagram has closed the comment field and you couldn’t send your comments, you can send your insights to him in direct.
How can we disable Instagram live notifications of our followers?
If you don’t want to be informed of your followers live stories, just go to your page and click on the gear icon on the top right. Then enter “Push Notifications Settings” and set “Live Video” option to off.
How to make a live video with a friend?
One of the new features in the newest updates of Instagram is “Live video with a friend”. There are two ways to make a live with your friend:
- You can invite one of your friends to join your live.
- You can apply to a friend of yours who is recording a live story, to join him in his video.
How to invite someone to your Instagram live?
- Touch the icon on the top left of the home page (or you can drag the screen from right to left) to reach the Instagram live page.
- 2- select the “Live” option on the bottom and touch “Start live video”
- Select the icon
- Choose the name of the user that you intend to make Instagram live with. Notice that you can only choose the people who are already watching your live story.
- If your invite request is accepted, your live story with the user will be applied in a split-screen. Also, if your request is denied, you will notice.
- Eventually, you can delete your live story partner by touching the “X” symbol on the top right of the screen.
To apply and join one of your friends live on Instagram, follow the steps below:
- If you see the Request option in the Instagram live of the person you are looking for, touch it.
- Then submit the request. (Send Request)
- If your request is accepted, you will be notified to join the live video.
How to direct your Instagram live to your friends?
You can send your live story to your friends as well as the live stories that you watch.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Select the icon in the bottom right corner of the Instagram live screen.
- Choose the name of the user that you intend to send your live story.
- If you want to direct to one person, select “Send Separately” option. If you want to direct to your groups, choose “Send to a Group”.
You can also send live videos of others that are publicly released to your friends in the direct as described above.
How to download Instagram live?
As said before, Instagram does not save your live videos and you will not be able to watch them again. So the question is how to download live video? The answer is simple! You can use one of the programs that capture your phone screen (Just like the screenshot does when taking pictures from the phone screen).
For Android users, this can be easily done, but users with an iPhone or iPad cannot use such programs (Apple does not allow such for security reasons) and they have to connect their iPhone or iPad to the MacBook to save the Instagram live story.
What is Instagram live replay?
You can activate live video replay option to allow your audiences that lost the chance of watching your live story, to view for up to 24 hours after publishing it with all the comments posted. Also, you can highlight your live video as well as your stories. So your audiences can reach them in the “Highlight Stories” section.
For sharing the replay of your live story, select share option on the bottom of the screen after the video has finished. The total number of live video audiences includes both live video viewers and its playback viewers.
How to view Instagram live after it finishes?
If your Instagram “shared a live video replay” feature is activated when you open the Instagram app, the recorded live video will appear on top of the screen with a “play” word on it. While you are watching a shared live video replay, you can change the timeline by touching the left and right of the video. Also, you can skip the live videos that you don’t intend to watch by touching the screen.
What is Instagram Top Live?
Instagram top live videos are the videos that published publicly. When you go to the Explorer page, you can find the top live option on top of the screen which you can access new live videos by touching them. By dragging the screen to the left and right, you can view new lives.
How to view Instagram live in PC?
Unfortunately, you may not be able to view live videos through the web-based version of Instagram. So, we cannot see Instagram live with a computer normally, but there is a special trick to watch them on your PC.
Just install the developed google chrome free version on your computer and then go to the Instagram site (Instagram.com). Enjoy watching live videos with your PC.
Why you don’t have the live video feature on your phone despite upgrading Instagram to the newest version?
The Instagram live feature is not active on old phones or with older Android versions, and if you have OS (BlackBerry phones) or Windows installed on your phone, you might have trouble watching Live Story and generally Instagram stories.
One of the other problems that have been seen especially among users who work with IOS, is that they need to turn off their VPN or proxy enabled on your device. Also, notice that if you want to watch live stories, you need to have a good internet speed otherwise your video’s quality will be low or it will be stopped.
The Live Story market is so hot these days among Instagram users (especially those who have or those who want to have lots of followers on Instagram) and has become a tool for making money on Instagram. Publishing Instagram live is one of the video marketing methods and you can take advantage of it with a bit of creativity to boost your business and attract customers. Be very careful when publishing the live story because your audience is watching you alive and you do not have the right to make any mistakes. Also, if you are ready to receive comments from your audience, you must accept the risk of getting irrelevant and rude comments that are displayed to all your live audiences.