Who is an influencer?
What is influencer marketing?
Different types of influencers in social media like Instagram
Celebrities and famous people
- The price of influencer marketing is too high considering their number of followers: such people have more than a few million followers and a lot of them will reach your advertisement. Although you’ll get a lot of audience using this way but the price of advertisement in such pages is too high for some businesses.
- Refusing the advertisement by some of the celebrities: some of these influencers don’t believe in advertising in their pages and thus, there are no ads on their page! Although they would earn a lot of income out of it but they constantly respect their followers and audience very much and never share advertising content on their page.
Famous for no reasons!
People who are active in the modeling field
Experts who are active in social media
3 important points in optimizing the influencer marketing
- Use local influencers for local businesses: using an influencer who just has a lot of followers but does not live in your local business area has a low conversion rate. If you are going to use influencer marketing for a local shop, you’ll need to use someone who lives in the same city or region and also is famous and popular among social media -specially Instagram- users.
For example, in influencer marketing for a shop in Chicago using an New York based influencer will not be effective. This is just like if you would show an advertising campaign to 10 million users around the world. Or just to show it to 10 thousand people from a certain city! Instead you could use influencers from that very city and raise your conversion rate greatly.
- Influencers’ negative opinions are just as effective as the positive ones: when an influencer gives negative comments about your business for any reason, it effects the users’ opinion. Users’ negative opinions will make your business questionable and if you can’t find a way to fix it, it will definitely be a problem for you.
- Analyze influencer marketing campaigns: existing of data is the reason for importance and popularity of online world. In fact, data that helps run the next advertising campaigns and set correct strategies. And you must be able to analyze your influencer marketing campaign related data. You have various tools that are available freely or commercially. The simplest tool you have is called Instagram insights and it gives you valuable information.
How to share your product advertisement on influencers’ pages?
- Sending gifts to influencers: sending one of your best products as a gift to an influencer is one of the proper ways for advertisement. If the influencer is satisfied with the product you sent them. He or she might introduce your products to their followers! Although keep in mind that the influencer doesn’t necessarily advertise your product just because they are satisfied with it. And if they have a lot of followers they might only share a post or a story related to your product. ( If you pay them well).
- Paying the influencer: pages that have a lot of followers usually have an active advertising section and if you want to advertise your product or services you can advertise it on behalf of the influencer of your choosing with just paying for a post or story related to your product. Each page depending on the number of its active followers has a different advertising price.
If you are new with your business, at first, use influencers with less followers. Keep in mind that if your advertising campaign is run correctly, influencers with lower number of followers might have a much better impact rather than more popular influencers. The most important reasons are relatedness of the chosen influencers’ field to your business and how popular their page is among their followers.
- inviting influencers to compete: one of the ways that has made great success in influencer marketing lately is inviting a few influencers to compete with each other in an interesting game. You can invite a few influencers to your company or the place you run your business in. Then, take an incredible video of them.
Then ask them to share the video on their page and introduce you in return of receiving products, services or even money. This makes the advertising side of the shared content look faded to users. Therefore, the conversion rate of your campaign will rise.