As you may know, after the change in Instagram algorithm, you can not calculate the rate posts on Instagram just based on the posts release time. There is a special algorithm for ranking them based on Instagram engagement rate on the homepage of your followers.
The task of rating algorithm
How to rate posts on Instagram
The rating formula for posts on Instagram
- Likelihood: Likelihood means that a particular person has liked a few percentages of our page’s posts before. The higher the percentage of likelihood, the higher the future posts rate will be.
- Engagement Rate: The engagement rate means the number of interactions (total likes, comment, and shares) divided by the number of people who viewed the post (Reach) multiplied by 8 (because in this formula we need a number from 0 to 8).
- Relevancy: Relevancy means how much the subject of this post is related to the posts that the viewer has liked in the past.
- Timeliness: Timeliness means that a post that is published later has a higher priority to display on the user’s feed.
- Time Spent: This time is the average time spent by users on that post.