The widely used social media platform, Instagram, is of such popularity that people use it literally everywhere. Even if they don’t have their own devices around, they still feel the urge to hop on Instagram using other people’s phones or computers. This incautious approach, however, could lead to some problematic consequences. So, it is essential to know how to log out of Instagram on all devices.
Imagine using your friend’s device to log into your Instagram account and forgetting to log back out at the end. Your account with all your secret messages is at the mercy of another person.
They could read your DMs and even send some back without your permission! What you need in these instances is to immediately log out of your account from all devices. The sooner you do that, the better you could prevent the possible damages.
We have put together an article to take you through the steps you should follow to log out of Instagram from all devices. Continue reading to find out about it.
Steps to how to log out of Instagram on all devices
Follow the steps below one by one to log out of your Instagram account from all devices.
- Head over to the Instagram app on your device.
- Having opened the Instagram app, you should see the Instagram feed. At the bottom right corner of the screen, you will find the “Profile” icon. Tap on it.
- In the new screen that pops up, you would see your personal information such as your posts, your status, and your profile picture. There, look for an icon with the “…” icon at the top right corner. Tap on it.
- In this new page, you will be able to change your password. To do that, scroll down to find the option titled “Change Password”. Tap on it.
- There, you should put your current password in the first text box.
- After that, type in your new password in the second text box. You will have to type in the new password one more time in the box below it. That is implemented to verify that you have typed the password you had in mind correctly the first time.
- You would see a “Check Sign” at the bottom of the screen after you input the passwords correctly.
- After having done that, your password would be changed. That means that all your devices will automatically be logged out of your Instagram account.
If you don’t have access to the Instagram app or simply prefer the desktop alternative, you need not worry. This process could be done through your browser as well. Read on to find out how to log out of your Instagram from all devices through your desktop computer.
Steps to how to log out of Instagram on all devices Using Desktop
- Navigate to your browser and click on it.
- Open up Instagram in the browser.
- There, look for the “Login” option and enter your username and password.
- Locate the “Profile” icon at the top right corner of your screen and click on it.
- Next to the “Edit Profile” option, there would be an option with the “Gear” icon.
- There, you would see a list of options. Choose “Change Password”.
- You would be required to enter your current and new password in the specified text boxes.
Congratulations! You have now successfully changed your password, which will log you out of all devices you had log!
It is not surprising that you might have forgotten to log out of your account after using your friend’s device to log in. You don’t need to panic. Just remember that the sooner you act, the better. In this article, we explored the steps to change your Instagram password because that is the only way you could log out of all the devices with which you have logged in before.
If you are curious about learning new Instagram tips it’s valuable to follow the Instamber blog! Feel free to share your experience in the comment section ❤️