Instagram is one of the social networks where millions of comments are inserted daily. Sometimes you don’t want to see comments under your post or that of others, and you probably think about deleting or hiding them. Instagram would definitely allow you to delete comments left on your post or comments you leave on other people’s posts. But how can this be done?
How to delete Instagram comments posted by others on your post
We first need to look at how to delete or hide a comment from the people who posted it. There are many ways to do this, but they are also simple. In the following, we will introduce it step by step.
- First, open the Instagram application on your iPhone or Android and login into your account.
- Click on your profile icon at the bottom right to go to the profile page in the Instagram mobile app.
- In this section, select the post you want to delete the comments and touch it.
- Tap the comment you want to delete or hide to open an option. A three-dot symbol opens to the right.
- In the window that opens, select the Manage comments option.
- A circle is displayed next to each comment. Click next to the comment you want to delete to uncheck it. Then select Delete from the bottom left. Sometimes the Delete option is displayed like a trash can icon.
- When a new window appears, select Delete Comment to delete the comment forever.
- In the new version of the Instagram application, you can also see the Delete option by swiping a comment to the left and deleting the comment by selecting the trash.
How to delete your own comments on the Instagram app
If you left a comment on a post from another page or person and that comment was sent incorrectly, or you did not want to see it, how can you delete or delete it? Here are some ways to delete your comments on other people’s posts.
- First, open the Instagram application on your iPhone or Android phone and log in to your account.
- Go to the post you left a comment on. You can first enter the search section through the armor icon at the bottom of the page and search for the username of that page and find the post.
- Once you find the post, tap your comment below the post or drag the comment to the left.
- In this case, a red trash can icon will appear. You can delete your comment by clicking on it.
10 steps to hide someone else comments on Instagram
There are also ways you can hide a comment instead of deleting it. But here’s how to do it.
- Open the Instagram application on your iPhone or Android phone and log in to your Instagram account.
- Click on your profile icon and go to the profile page.
- Click the three menu item option at the top right.
- In the new menu that opens, select the Settings option.
- On the Settings page, find the Privacy option and click on it.
- On the privacy page, you should also find the Comments option and open it.
- There are several ways to hide Instagram comments this way. For example, you can enable the Hide offensive comments button to remove irrelevant comments in the Filters section. You can also allow more filters to blur comments by activating Hide more comments.
- Also, with the option in the Manual Filter, you can even erase certain words or unique words so that people can not write them under your posts. Note that if the button is blue, it means it is active, and if it is gray, it is disabled.
- If you want to hide a specific person’s comments on Instagram, you can select the Block comments From option from the Comment Controls section. Through the search box, you can search for the person’s username whose comments you want to be deleted on Instagram.
- When you find the user, touch the Block option. This option does not block all profiles, but it will cause the comments they leave on your post to be blocked, and they will no longer be able to do so. Of course, they can leave a comment, but only they can see the comment and do not understand that you have blocked their comments.
How to delete comments on Instagram Ads
Instagram gives users the ability to hide or delete promoted post comments. There are ways to do this, but before that, you should pay attention to one thing. The Instagram Ads feature is activated when you have verified it with a linked Facebook account and page. So to do this, first follow the steps to connect your Facebook account to Instagram.
Hiding Instagram Ad Comments In Ads Manager
After connecting from Facebook to Instagram, you must also connect your account to the ads manager. This will make it easier for you to manage your Instagram ads.
To hide the comments on your Instagram ads from Facebook ads Manager:
Follow the steps below to hide comments on Instagram ads through Facebook ads Manager:
- First, go to the ads manager application.
- Next to the campaign where you want your ads to be activated, select the Edit Campaign option.
- In this section, click on the ads option and select the manage Instagram comments option when the drop-down menu opens.
- Now you can see Instagram ads with their comments section.
- If you want to add a comment to your ad post, write your comment in the Add a comment section.
- To delete a comment, click on the icon with a down arrow and select Delete comment.
- To hide or show the comment, click on the arrow icon next to the comment and select hide or Unhide.
How to delete comments on Instagram live
To be able to hide Instagram Live comments, you must first run a Livestream. To do this, go to the Instagram Live section and select one of the Live modes.
Your Live Stream is now created. You can see the entry and exit of users and the comments and emojis they send. But we have to hide this part.
To do this, open the three-point menu option next to the comments section. You will see an option called Turning off the Comment Section. Select it to deactivate the comments section.
All comments will be hidden when you do this. However, if you reopen the comments section, the comments sent before closing this section will be seen again. To thoroughly delete comments on Instagram Live, you must turn off Livestream.
How To hide comments on Instagram instead of deleting
Because Instagram allows users to hide comments in Instagram ads, you can not hide these comments in regular posts.
There is an indirect way to do this, though. Follow these steps to hide Instagram post comments:
- Go to the comments section of one of your posts.
- Hold your finger on the comment on Android phones, and swipe the comment to the left on iPhones.
- Open the info icon and click Restrict.
- You can now restrict a specific user to hide that person’s comments below your posts. This is an indirect method that you can only use for some users.
Will they know when you delete their comment on your Instagram post?
Instagram does not send any messages or notifications when a user’s comment is hidden or deleted. Of course, there is a possibility that users will reopen the post and look for the comment they wrote earlier. If they see that comment is no longer in this post, they will ensure that you have deleted the comment.
Deleting comments on the Instagram algorithm
Sometimes, due to inadequate and aggressive word recognition algorithms, Instagram automatically deletes some comments. Due to the policies of teenage users of this application, Instagram has designed algorithms that will automatically remove these types of comments from the post. So if you see that your comment was quickly and automatically removed from a post, be sure to exclude words that are against the rules of Instagram.
Suppose a comment on Instagram is automatically deleted or hidden for any reason. In that case, it will be displayed in the list of comments of your post as View Hidden Comments, which you can read by touching the Unhide option. If you do not see such an option, then no one has sent you a comment that has disappeared. In this article, we explained ways to delete or delete Instagram comments. If you have more questions, you can send them through the comments.