A lot of people use Facebook for fun or business every day. It is important to keep your account safe from hackers. A hacker is a person with high technological and computer programming skills who tries to have access to people’s data for different motives. While most countries, websites, and social media platforms have robust rules to keep hackers away, we should still stay on the safe side to keep our data private. One of the measures we must take is to change our password regularly. So, proceed to learn how to change Facebook password.
What are the threats of being hacked?
Hackers may have various motives to hack someone’s account. If they hack your account, they can access all your data including your photo, your contacts, personal information, search history, work history, and even your interests. They may then, sell or use these data for social and psychological manipulation, sending malware, and selling data on the dark web. Owing to these facts, it seems crucial to know how to change Facebook password.
How to change Facebook password?
To keep hackers away from your personal information, it is ideal to change your password every 90 days. Let us learn how to change your Facebook password.
This is how to change your password on the website and on your mobile app.
These steps are the same for iPad, iPhone, Windows, and the application in general.
- Open the Facebook mobile application
- Now you can see the home screen
- Tap the menu icon on the right side of the screen, it features three horizontal lines.
- In the menu that appears, scroll down to the setting section.
- In the next menu that appear tap “account settings”
- Select “security and login” in the next menu that opens up, this option features a police badge
- Scroll down in the login section and select “change password”
- In this new menu that appears you have to enter your current password and also your new password twice
- After filling in all the fields, tap “save changes”
- Now Facebook asks you if you want your other devices logged in to Facebook or not, choose the option that best serves your interest
- Now you will be taken back to the “security” and “login” page
Through the web browser
- First search for Facebook.com in your browser.
- Make sure you are logged in to your account. If not enter your username and password and log in.
- On the home screen, you have to select the menu icon that features three lines on the top right corner.
- In the drop-down menu that appears select “settings”.
- In the next menu choose “security and login”.
- On the right of “change password”, you can see “edit”; click on it.
- Enter your current password and also the new password.
- Click the blue option “save changes”.
- Now Facebook asks you if you want your other devices logged in to Facebook or not, choose the option that best serves your interest.
How to choose a secure password for your Facebook account!
After learning how to change Facebook password. For more security use a mixture of upper and lower-case alphabets, which also include numbers and symbols. You can also use a phrase but only the consonants; for example, you can use “mylbrry” instead of “my library”.
Choose a password that is easy for you to remember but manipulate some letters or numbers in it so that it is not easy for others to guess. Also, you can use password manager tools too, “1password” is one of the best tools you can that.
Summary on how to change Facebook password
To keep your personal information safe, it is a good idea to change your Facebook password every 90 days. In this article, we examined what the threats of being hacked are and how you can change your password to prevent hackers from accessing your data.