The immensely popular social media platform, Instagram, has rightfully incorporated the blocking mechanism to ensure users’ safety and peace of mind. There is, however, a problem with this function that makes it difficult for you to block the person that has already blocked you.
If you cannot wait to deprive that person who beat you to the block button of your content, read on to find out about the possible ways how to block someone who blocked you on Instagram. Before that, let’s go over the ways you can know whether somebody has blocked you.
How do you know if someone has blocked you on Instagram?
- The first hint that you get if someone has blocked you is that their username would not show up if you looked for it in the search bar.
- The name of the person will be deleted from your following and followers, decreasing the number for both.
- All the likes and comments you have received from that person will no longer be visible.
- If you happen to find the person’s username in the search bar, head over to their profile. You can also view their public comments and find your way into their profile through that. If you see “No Posts Yet” or their following and followers are blank, it might be that they have already blocked you.
- You will see a pop up in their profile saying “User not found”.
- The messages that you have exchanged on Instagram direct messages will be gone.
- You will not be able to follow the person anymore.
Will the person who blocked you be able to see your content?
Instagram will not allow the person who blocked you to access your photos, followers or following, or direct messages. However, your profile might be accessible through the direct message you have shared or the search history.
On the other hand, you will not be able to see their profiles and the content. But there is a chance it would take a few days before they disappear. That provides you with a way to block them back. That window of opportunity won’t be there for long. So, act fast before you lose access to their profile or direct messages.
How can you block someone who has already blocked you on Instagram?
The best time for blocking someone back is right after they did it to you, for you would still have access to their profiles for some hours. As we mentioned before, you can open their profile either by searching for it on the search bar or through direct messages you have exchanged.
How to block someone who blocked you on Instagram through their profile
- Look for their profiles through the Instagram search bar.
- You would see an icon of three dots on the top right. Tap on it.
- In the list of options that you see, tap on “Block” and confirm it.
- You would then be reminded that you won’t receive notifications from that person. Tap “Dismiss”.
You would know for certain that you have successfully blocked the person if the “Unblock” button is visible.
How to block someone who blocked you on Instagram through direct messages
You can block somebody through the direct messages if you have exchanged any on Instagram. You can do so by following the steps below:
- Navigate to their profile through the Instagram direct search bar.
- You would find an exclamation mark on the top right. Tap on it.
- There, you can find the “Block” option. Proceed to tap on it.
- You would be reminded that you can’t receive notifications from that person after you block them. Tap on “Dismiss”.
Just to make sure that you have successfully blocked the person, look for the “Unblock” button after you complete the process.
How to find someone who blocked you on Instagram through the Instagram automation tool “Socinator”
You can use the Instagram automation tool called Socinator to go about finding the person who has blocked you. If you notice that a follower of yours hasn’t been interacting with your posts recently, it might be that they have blocked you.
Socinator has a filtration option that allows you to find the people who have not interacted with the content you have been putting out recently. With the help of Socinator automation tool, you would find the people who haven’t commented on your posts recently. That way, you can find the people who have possibly blocked you on Instagram.
Don’t forget to check their profile for the signs we mentioned above to make sure that they have blocked you. The user might have been too busy to check your Instagram posts. You don’t want to punish them for that while thinking that they have blocked you.
How to block someone who blocked you on Instagram through group chat
If it has been more than two days since someone has blocked you, you need not worry. All you need to do is get a hold of the account of a friend or ask them to do the following for you. Create a group chat containing your original account and the account of the person who has blocked you.
Write a message down through your friend’s account. Then proceed to log in to your own account immediately. After that, head over to your DM and choose to stay in the group while entering the group chat. There, you can block the account of the person who has blocked you and leave the chat.
As you see, there are lots of ways to block someone who already blocked you but it is better to focus on important things about your account such as creating engaging content and grow your account like a marketer. you can find some helpful tips on Instamber blog like best services to grow your account on Instagram!